Name: Harris A. Kkallas
Born: 25 January 1983
Place of birth: Limassol,Cyprus
Email address: Leoforos Stratou 9, 54639, Thessaloniki, Greece
Telephone: +30 2310991416 , +30 6974707187
Education: BSc. In Geology- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2006)
Msc. degree in Geophysics, Geophysical Laboratory, Department of
Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Degree: 9.18
Languages: Greek, English
Former career: --
Present position: PhD Candidate in Seismology, Geophysical Laboratory, Department
of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Field experience: Participation in several field experiments concerning geophysical and seismological studies
Participation in the installation and maintenance of temporary seismological networks
Teaching experience: Participation in the teaching of the course ‘Geological data analysis’ in the Geological Department of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Member: Geotechnical Chamber of Greece
Geotechnical Chamber of Cyprus
Participation in Scientific Meetings:
1. Workshop: EGELADOS: Exploring the GEodynamics of subducting Lithosphere using an Amphibian Deployment of Seismographs. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece.
2. Workshop: FP6 EU project: Sustainable management of water resources by automated real – time monitoring, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
3. Congress: (G.I.S.I) - ArcGIS Extensions, Marathon Data Systems.
4. Congress: (G.I.S.II) - ArcGIS Extensions, Marathon Data Systems.
5. Congress: (G.I.S.III) - ArcGIS Extensions, Marathon Data Systems.
6. Advanced School: Environmental Engineering,Geophysics, Applied geophysics, Seismology and Geology. Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Participation in Research Projects:
1. Installation and data processing from temporary seismological network for the regions of Fanou and Anargyron in North Greece.