- B.Sc. In Geology, University of Thessaloniki , Greece (1982)
- Ph.D. Thesis in Seismology, University of Thessaloniki , Greece (1985)
Professor of Seismology - Department of Geophysics, School of Geology, A.U.TH
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1987-1989).
- Seismologist, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1989–1998)
- Lecturer, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1998–2003)
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2003–2009)
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2009–2014)
- Installation and monitoring of networks of analog and digital portable seismological stations deployed to study the seismotectonic properties and the evolution of seismic sequenies.
- Field experiments of exploration geophysics (magnetic, electric) for geotechnical and archaeological exploration.
- Participation in the installation and operation of the Seismological Network of the Geophysical Laboratory of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and the National Network of Seismographs.
- Microseismic activity in Greece
- Study of seismic sequences.
- Seismicity of Greece
- Time dependent seismicity for Earthquake prediction on the basis of seismicity and probabilistic models.
- Seismotectonics of the broader area of Greece
- Fractal analysis in seismicity of Greece
- Magnitude scales
- Homogenization of earthquake catalogs
- Stress field in the Aegean based on FPS
- Crustal structure of the broad Aegean area
- Intermediate term earthquake prediction by applying the D-AS model
- Institute IRIGM, Joseph Fourier University , Grenoble , France
- School of Environmental Sciences, East Anglia University , Norwich , UK
- Seismological Institute, Academy of Sciences , Tirana , Albania
- Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics, University of Frankfurt , Germany
- Laboratory of Electronics, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Thrace , Greece .
- Various courses to graduate students of the School of Geology and to graduate students of the School of Civil Engineering which include: "Mechanical oscillations and Elastic Waves" , “Applied Seismology” and "Introduction to Seismology" .
- Various courses to the post-graduate students of the School of Geology and of the School of Civil Engineering which include: “Generation, Propagation and Recording of Seismic Waves” , "Advanced Applied Seismology" and “Computer Applications in Solving Problems in Geophysics”.
- Supervision of MSc theses and PhD theses
- Hellenic Association of Geologists
- Geological Society of Greece
- Geotechnical Chamber of Greece
- Hellenic Geophysical Union
- Seismological Society of America
Participated in 58 projects of seismology and applied geophysics.