- B.Sc. In Geology, University of Thessaloniki , Greece (1982)
- Ph.D. Thesis in Seismology, University of Thessaloniki , Greece (1985)
Professor of Seismology - Department of Geophysics, School of Geology, A.U.TH
- Research Assistant, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1987-1989).
- Seismologist, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1989–1998)
- Lecturer, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1998–2003)
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2003–2009)
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Geophysics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2009–2014)
- Installation and monitoring of portable, analog and digital, seismographic networks deployed to study seismotectonic properties and/or evolution of seismic sequences.
- Geophysical prospecting for geotechnical and archaeological exploration.
- Participation in the installation and operation of the Seismic Network of the Geophysical Laboratory of AUTH and the Hellenic Unified Seismic Network.
- Seismic sequences.
- Time dependent seismicity
- Earthquake prediction based on seismicity and probabilistic models.
- Magnitude scales – Compilation & homogenization of earthquake catalogs
- Intermediate term earthquake prediction
- Institute IRIGM, Joseph Fourier University , Grenoble , France
- School of Environmental Sciences, East Anglia University , Norwich , UK
- Seismological Institute, Academy of Sciences , Tirana , Albania
- Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics, University of Frankfurt , Germany
- Laboratory of Electronics, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Thrace , Greece .
- Various courses to undergraduate students of the School of Geology and of the School of Civil Engineering which include:”Applied Geophysics I”, “Applied Seismology and Environment”, "Mechanical Oscillations and Elastic Waves", "Introduction to Seismology", "Engineering Seismology" and “Engineering Seismology and Soil Dynamics”.
- Various courses to the post-graduate students of the School of Geology and of the School of Civil Engineering which include: “Generation, Propagation and Recording of Seismic Waves”, "Advanced Applied Seismology", “Engineering Seismology and Soil Dynamics” and “Computer Applications in Solving Problems in Geophysics”.
- Supervision of 39 undergraduate theses (2 in progress), 10 MSc. theses (1 in progress) and 6 PhD theses.
- Tutor Greek rescue teams (under Civil Protection) in seismology issues
- Published more than 110 research papers in international journals and proceedings of international conferences.
- receiving more than 2000 references (self-references excluded).
- Co-author in
1 book and 2 special volumes.
- Participated in 40 international and national conferences, in most of them with presentations.
- Invited speaker in 4 of them.
- Member of the Organizing Committee in 2 of them.
- Hellenic Association of Geologists
- Geological Society of Greece
- Geotechnical Chamber of Greece
- Hellenic Geophysical Union
- European Mediterranean Seismological Center, EMSC, (representative of Geophysical Laboratory of AUTH)
Participated in 73 projects of seismology and applied geophysics.