- B. Sc. In Geology – University of Thessaloniki, Greece (1981)
- Ph. D. Thesis in Seismology – University of Thessaloniki, Greece (1984)
- Lecturer of the same Department (1985–1989)
- Assistant Professor (1989–1994)
- Associate Professor (1994–2002)
Professor Seismology, Geophysics Department of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (2002 – present)
Participation in several field experiments concerning seismotectonic studies and studies of earthquake sequences
- “Introduction to Seismology” and “Philosophy of Science” to the undergraduate students of the School of Geology.
- “Advanced Seismology” to the postgraduate students of the School of Geology.
- Hellenic Association of Geologists
- Geological Society of Greece
- Geotechnical Chamber of Greece
- Hellenic Geophysical Union
- European Union of Geosciences
- Seismological Society of America
- European Geophysical Society
- Studies of seismic sequences
- Seismotectonics of the broader area of Aegean.
- Earthquake prediction in Greece using statistical methods
- Fault plane solutions and stress patterns.
- Study of parameters in the seismic focal.
- Study of the seismic circle
- Earthquake prediction using the Time dependent seismicity model.
- Study of seismicity and seismic hazard
- Accelerating seismic deformation
COOPERATIONS WITH INSTITUTES
- Seismological Laboratory of Oceanologic Institute of Moscow
- Seismological Institute of Erevan (Armenia).
- Disaster Prevention Research Institute (University of Kyoto, Japan ).
- Geology Dep. of the American University of Beyrut (Lebanon).
- Seismological Bureau of Shaanxi Province CSB (Xian - China)
- Seismological Bureau of Hebei Province CSB (Shijazhuang - China)
- Analysis and Prediction Center, CSB (Beijing - China)
- Geophysical Institute, CSB (Beijing - China).